Are allergies keeping you from doing the things you love?
Get back on track with Perth’s leading female Allergist, Immunologist and Immunopathologist, Dr Meilyn Hew.
In order to limit the risk of spread of COVID-19, we ask that you cancel your appointment if you meet any of the following criteria:
- If you have a fever (more than 38 degrees Celsius) with acute respiratory symptoms (for example, shortness of breath or cough)
- You have travelled overseas in the past 14 days
- You’ve had close or casual contact in the past 14 days with a confirmed case of COVID-19
You may still be able to undergo review by your doctor through telehealth. Please contact the rooms to discuss this option.
- live outside of the Perth metro region OR
- are in home isolation OR
- are aged over 70 OR
- are of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent and aged over 50 OR
- have a chronic health conditions or who are immunocompromised OR
- are pregnant or have a baby under 12 months of age.
Allergies are becoming more common in Australia. And although allergy symptoms aren’t life threatening in most cases, they can have a significant impact on your daily life.
What is allergy?
An allergy is when your immune system reacts to allergens commonly found in pollen, moulds, dust mites, pets, insects, foods and medicine. This reaction can cause symptoms in the nose, eyes, sinuses, throat, lungs, stomach and skin.
Think you have an allergy?
Dr Hew provides diagnosis, individual management and treatment plans to adults suffering from allergies or immune disorders. If you’re experiencing common allergy symptoms Dr Hew can help.