skip to Main Content
Call Today For A Consultation: 08 9312 2166

Allergy and Immunology

Doctor (GP) Information

When should you refer your patient to Dr Hew?

Dr Hew treats the following common conditions:

Allergic rhinoconjunctivitis (hay fever)
Eosinophilic oesophagitis
Anaphylaxis (severe allergic reaction)
Chronic urticaria (hives)
Drug allergy
Food allergy
Insect sting allergy
Autoimmune conditions including lupus

For information on less common conditions Dr Hew treats, please get in touch.

When you’re best off NOT referring your patient to Dr Hew:

Dr Hew does not treat children under the age of 15.
Rashes other than urticaria and allergic eczema are best seen by a Dermatologist first for an opinion. Dermatologists are also better equipped for patch testing.
Dr Hew does not specialise in patients with HIV and they may be best referred to a specialist with a lot of experience treating HIV patients.
Chronic fatigue quite often is not due to allergy or immune deficiencies. Other avenues of investigation may be more appropriate to start off with.

Dr Hew is a Fellow of the Royal Australian College of Physicians and of the Royal Australasian College of Pathologists and a member of the Australian Society of Clinical Immunology and Allergy, Australia’s peak body for allergists and immunologists.

I’m one of just a few private immunologists and allergists for adults, located south of the river. And I’m a Consultant Clinical Immunologist and Immunopathologist with the Department of Immunology at Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital. So if you need more complex testing and treatment, I can have you admitted under my care.

Don’t wait any longer. Get on top of your allergy symptoms.

Don’t wait any longer. Get on top of your allergy symptoms.

Back To Top